Sunday, 7 April 2013

Store-cupboard dinners challenge : Day 2

Day 2 and I confess I bought a block of cheese to do these awesome re-fried bean tortilla wraps justice.  All the ingredients except the cheese were from the kitchen cupboards though ...

Re-fried beans & tortillas

for the beans:

dried turtle beans soaked over night
1 tin tomatoes pureed
onion
oregano
dried chili
salt
oil
pepper
paprika
brown sauce
mustard


for the tortillas:

flour
yeast
honey
salt
oil


I have a massive weakness for Mexican food so have totally over eaten and am feeling nicely soporific now.  Tomorrow is a cheat day as far as the challenge goes because the kids and I are staying with my sister Fiona but I have just dug a big portion of homemade lasagna out of the freezer for Cliff so that he doesn't waste away or have to survive solely on cereal, so that counts I think.

love love love X


No comments:

Post a Comment