Saturday, 4 August 2012

Oh we do like to be beside the seaside

I would hate to put a hex on it but Cliff and I seem to have a sneaky habit of getting some awesome weather whenever we go away - even in the middle of monsoon season.  City dwellers turned beach bums for a week we soaked up all mother nature had to offer in positive ions, vitamin D and sea air.



 


I have been enchanted by reflections and shadows.



























they spied a young lad digging a big hole, loitered then managed somehow to commandeer it off him.

This looked like lots of fun!





























combers of the beach

this girl will hold anything - snails, worms, millipedes and she had no qualms at all with this dude.


what a little lush!

























first time I dared bare my mummy body, I was nervous, self conscious, but it was too hot not to and actually I realised the beach being full of kids was also full of mamas, each who have carried and given birth to their children, each with their own stretches and changed body shapes that tell their individual stories.  I tried to be proud and not ashamed.




then we got all bewildered in BeWILDerwood .... and I want to move into one of these!


and then the imagination ignites and this here too is the front door to a pixie house, see ...

and as Zander seemed sceptical of the existance of twiggles and boggles it helped when I suddenly spotted one disapearing into the trees and  another scampering away down it's jety on the stream.  Too fast for the childrens eyes to catch but none the less there.


























crocklebogs deffinitly exist! 

What could be more fun, I mused, than to have your cousins join you on your hols.  So a text conversation later and Fi and the boys shared our sun for a day.


  

























baby wearing, tea drinking, cake eating multi-tasker ... thats my girl


























my little salty sea-dog.  Spending all day every day in the salty sea his hair tousled then started to dread, only he thinks dreads are for girls cos mama has them, so a vast amount of conditioner and some hardcore brushing was required on our return.


























be still my beating heart, those salty curls! 


























And so, although I have struggled with various elements of Zanders behaviour this week and probably exacerbated the issues in not knowing what to do, we all fell in love with the seaside all over again and in our unique ways whiled the hours away.  Gaia would get fed up with the water sooner than any of us and snuggle up under towels and blankets on the recliner munching fruit out of my hand, whilst Zander would not be moved from where water met earth.  Cliff and I swam and swam, something I found a deeply personal experience ... once I'd swum further out than anyone else it was just me an' the ocean, just me and mother nature in all her saphire splendor.  I found it spiritual and cleansing and giggled to myself as each cold wave crept up on me from further out.  We've never had a beach holiday like this and it will not be the last!  The day after we returned home there were genuine expectant request of 'can we go to the beach' completely forgetting it was no longer a stones throw away.
It is an elemental place, such a presence and a force full of vibration and energy.  One evening I walked down to the shore alone to meditate and on a quiet beach with the tide completely in the sound was thunderously magnificent.  I loved that there were still wave enthusiasts on their boards until dusk, there were still walkers crunching through the sand hand in hand and me feeling vulnerable yet present and invigorated.
I slept.  For eleven blissful consecutive nights I slept and started to regain a feeling of perkiness.  How easy it is to get compacent with such luxuries, for on our return I jumped straight into a crazy run of nights which coupled with a letter from work declining a change in shift pattern, only strengthened my resolve to move on.  CV is ready, I think, I just have to put myself out there now.  Times they are a changing. 

It was a great way to kick start the school holidays, a tactic I'd like us to employ year after year.

It has been nice flicking through these pictures deciding which to post.  After an incredibly testing day to remember we can all have fun together is soothing.

Here's to carving more memories and to ploughing through even when the earth or parenthood is more clay like.

love and light x x x 











2 comments:

  1. I hope those salty sea curls are lingering. Its always so hard to let go of a great vacation isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is Michelle, the salty curls had to be removed with force as his hair was dreading which he doesn't like :( but I think the sea is there in spirit as he treats mud patches and sandy water parks the same way he did the beach and sea ... who'd have thought this time last year he was rather timid of the sea! x

      Delete