Wednesday, 3 August 2011

Lammas

First harvest.  Fitting then that a sudden industriousness came over me and at the end of the day I had a bottle of Elderberry cordial, a jar of summer fruits jam and a jar of calendula flowers infusing in olive oil.  Capture moments of summer, preserve them how ever you will, I love it.

I needed a day at home, a chance to ground myself, ourselves, get connected to our nest, imbue it with positive energy and be greatful for all I have.

Recently I've been chewing over the Four Noble truths of Buddhism.

  • Suffering does exist
  • Suffering arises from attachment to desires
  • Suffering ceases when attachment to desire ceases
  • Freedom from suffering is possible by practicing the Eightfold Path
In particular noble truths 2 and 3.  It is a generalisation to say that suffering arises from attachment to desires as not all does.  But this is exactly what I have been thinking about - the suffering that we create for ourselves by becoming attached to our desires. 

I have much, but I daydream of a different life style and sometimes forget what I have.  I focus on the desire for those different things and I think I do suffer for it in a way.  That feeling of falling short of my own high expectations. 

I also pondered on how it seems, though honestly I'm always pushed for time, I generally like to post here when I have a story to weave or thoughts to thrash out but I can see simply collecting moments, rediscovering moments caught on my camera may just be enough may be everything even some days and that sometimes words are not needed. 

Who better to create some balmy summer moments with than my sister and her two boys. 

The only time of year Mummy truley endorses playing with pistols ... water pistols.  No idea what the thermostat said today but boy it was hot.  I love this shot, they wouldn't pause for a pose but this captures the essence of their play perfectly, even with James' arm just entering stage right, you can see the motion and feel the game.

But soon a bowl of water and a pistol each was not enough


Good call mama!  






Holding these and all the other memories deep in my heart my darling children.  I love you more than words could ever say.

X X X

2 comments:

  1. You have captured a summers day beautifully. You are truly blessed with gorgeous children and they are blessed to have a mum and /or aunt that loves them so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post and wonderful energy filled photos too :)

    I can relate to all that you once again, thanks for sharing
    blessings
    Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete